The Vileda Online Shop is fulfilled by Laundry Company and your contract is with DF Sales Ltd t/a Laundry Company, registered in England and Wales with Company Registration No. 05700537 | VAT Reg. 877305890.
Laundry Company (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting http://shop.vileda.co.uk (Vileda Online Shop) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Laundry Company of 5a Babdown Airfield, Babdown, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, GL8 8YL.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site http://shop.vileda.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, subscribe to our newsletter, search for a product, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit or debit card information. Credit or debit card information is not stored but all other order information is retained to allow the Laundry Company to process orders, provide post-sale customer service and for warranty purposes. When signing up to our newsletter without placing an order we require your name and email address, for more information on how this data is used please visit the newsletter section.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. This data is used to improve the customers shopping experience on the website.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
ARE COOKIES USED?
HOW IS COLLECTED INFORMATION USED?
Information you give to us: We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including processing your order and sending you periodic emails regarding your order;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about if you elect to sign up to our newsletter;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you: We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
HOW IS COLLECTED INFORMATION STORED AND PROTECTED?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured server and payment transactions are encrypted over an SSL secured connection.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. This includes your name, address, email address and order details if one has been placed. Under no circumstances are any credit or debit card details shared.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. This includes:
- Freudenberg Household Products LP, who own the brand Vileda & Marigold;
- Laundry Company, who maintain and process orders on http://shop.vileda.co.uk;
- Mosquito Digital, who manage Vileda’s newsletter, creating content and distributing on Vileda UK’s behalf; and
- Instiller who provide the software used for the Newsletter.
- Reviews.co.uk who collect and publish reviews.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
If you have signed up to stay up-to-date with Vileda’s latest news, tips and brilliant offers, your details will be shared with the relevant companies who manage the newsletter.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Laundry Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply (http://shop.vileda.co.uk/terms-conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Laundry Company, our customers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us on the details on our contact page http://shop.vileda.co.uk/contacts.
The Vileda Online Shop website provides links to third-party websites such as social media accounts. Our site may also, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. These websites may not be governed by the Laundry Company or Vileda and may therefore have different privacy and security policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Date last updated: 23/02/2017