You have no items in your basket!
It’s that time of year again – Black Friday is just around the corner, which means only one thing: Bargains, bargains and more bargains!
Although originating in America as a way for shoppers to celebrate the end of Thanksgiving, Black Friday has gradually made its way over the Atlantic to become one of the most important days for UK shoppers hungry for a bargain.
Research shows that we’re expected to spend a massive £7bn this year on Black Friday – which, this year, is taking place on Friday 29th November – with the average shopper spending £220 each.
Whether you’re aiming to spend £20 or £200 this Black Friday, make sure you’re being savvy with your spending so you don’t make purchases you’ll end up regretting.
Just follow Vileda’s 3 golden rules, and Black Friday will be a breeze!
Rule 1 – Make sure it’s something you really want!
There’s nothing worse than regretting a purchase you’ve made in the spur of the moment. Save yourself that feeling by preparing a list a few days beforehand – perhaps categorise your list into:
- “Things I need” – These are things you really do need; for example, if your standard mop has broken beyond repair and needs replacing, you’d put a brand new Vileda Supermocio Mop and Bucket Set in the ‘need’ column.
- “Things I want” – These are things you’ve had your eye on for a while, for example, the Vileda 1-2 Spray Mop you’ve read about and always wanted to try. Try to limit what’s in this list to things you are already familiar with through your own research or from recommendations of friends and family – that way, you already know the product you want and it’s been tried and tested.
- “Nice-to-haves” – These would be things that you want but don’t need, like those trousers you saw in the shop a few weeks ago but didn’t buy. You’re already interested in the item – with a discount, this is the motivation you need, but it’s not a deal-breaker if you don’t get it.
Be honest when you’re making this list – it’s much easier to be strict with yourself now than be mad at yourself (and your impulse buys) later.
Likewise, it’s good to have a budget in mind so you don’t go overboard – but be sure you stick to it, so you can be confident in what you’re spending on the day.
Rule 2 – Shop around
The golden rule for Black Friday – Before you make the commitment, make sure you can’t get the product cheaper anywhere else. Some deals may look great on paper, but do a quick Google search before reaching for your card to make sure you are truly getting the best deal out there.
Research really is key!
Rule 3 – Buy from brands you know and trust
Have you ever bought something on a whim from a brand you’ve never heard of before and you’ve had a nightmare trying to take it back?
Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us!
But make sure this doesn’t happen to you this Black Friday by only buying from reputable brands you or someone you know has had experience with before. If you’re still tempted by an item that hasn’t been recommended by someone you know, grab your phone and go online – have a look at product reviews to get a better idea of the product you’re buying and the company you’re buying from.
Which? is a great place to check for reviews and feedback, but often it does require a subscription to view online. Alternatively, Amazon and Argos are always a good place to look for consumer reviews, which are easy to find and free to read.
Our Black Friday Deals
If you’ve had your eye on one of our products but haven’t yet taken the plunge, now’s your chance – take advantage of our fun Black Friday deals today!
Find the full list of Vileda Black Friday deals here:
- Vileda Steam Mop – Was £89.99, now £49.99 (a £40 saving)
- Vileda Windomatic Power – Was £59.99, now just £29,99 (half price)
- Vileda Turbo Mop and Bucket Set – Was £34.99, now £23.99 (a saving of £11)
- Vileda 1-2 Spray Mop – Was £24.99, now just £16.66 (⅓ off)
- Vileda Ultramat Turbo – Was £49.99, now only £33.33 (saving ⅓ on the RRP)
- Vileda Premium 2-in-1 Airer – Was £29.99, now £22.49 (25% off)
These offers are only available from Friday 29th November to Tuesday 3rd December, so act quickly and don’t get the fear of missing out!