You have no items in your basket!
Make the most of the sunshine with our time saving cleaning hacks
When it comes to Summer time, life can get a little hectic. With the kids off school and lots of glorious sunshine to enjoy, cleaning can all too quickly move further down the to-do list.
To give you a helping hand, we’ve compiled our favourite time-saving cleaning hacks so you can spend less time scrubbing away at dirt and more time enjoying this lovely British summer.
- Ever started cleaning with the intention of doing a quick once over with the vacuum but five hours later you’re surrounded by a pile of clothes having decided it’s a good time to clear out your wardrobe? You need some discipline! Every time you clean, work out how long you have and set a timer for that amount of time to prevent any procrastination or distractions.
- After a long day at work or looking after the kids, the last thing you think about after finishing dinner is MORE cleaning. But having a quick sweep of your kitchen floor every evening stops dirt turning to grime, preventing a 5 minute sweep turning into a 20 minute mop. Try the 3 Action Broom with ultra-thin bristles for fine dust collection.
- Easy peasy with a squeegee… sorry we couldn’t help it! But seriously, if you want to save yourself time, wipe your shower every day to avoid mildew and mold build-up. We don’t know about you but we’d take a couple of minutes a day wiping down the shower over spending hours battling bathroom grime any day! Not sure what to use? We’ve got plenty of tools perfect for the job. Why not treat yourself to a Windomatic Power – with excellent suction, it provides a streak-free finish in no time.
- There’s nothing more annoying than cleaning the upstairs bathroom and making multiple trips downstairs every time you need a new cleaning product – what a waste of time! Instead, grab yourself a kitchen apron with pockets to store all of your supplies. Or better still, keep a cleaning kit both downstairs and upstairs so you’re never too far from one.
- Large leafy house plants are all the rage at the minute, but whilst sat there looking pretty they actually pick up quite a lot of dust. To quickly clean them, pop them all in your bath and use a shower head to lightly spray them with cool water – as an added bonus, you’ve just tackled watering them all too.
- The shower head – otherwise known as our arch nemesis when it comes to cleaning – can be a nightmare to clean. But it doesn’t have to be that way! To easily remove built up-residue, simply tie a sandwich bag filled with white vinegar around the head and leave to dissolve overnight.
- Washing your children’s toys is always a chore you put off, but given they seem to put them in their mouth approximately 1,255 times day, it’s a necessity. But don’t worry about washing them individually, just pop them in the dishwasher for a short cycle; this works a treat for any acrylic makeup storage units too.